|1||Change Has Come||6:24|
Piano – Call Cobbs Jr.
|4||For John Coltrane||13:40|
|6||Omega Is The Alpha||10:46|
Trombone – George Steele
Bass – Lewis WorrellDrums – Sunny MurrayEngineer – Rudy Van Gelder
|10||Light In Darkness||10:59|
|13||Truth Is Marching In||12:42|
Composed By – Don Ayler
- Art Direction – Hollis A. King
- Bass – Alan Silva (tracks: 2-1 to 2-8), Bill Folwell (tracks: 1-2 to 1-5, 2-1 to 2-8), Henry Grimes (tracks: 1-2 to 1-5)
- Cello – Joel Freedman (tracks: 1-1, 2-1 to 2-8)
- Composed By – Albert Ayler (tracks: 1-1, 1-2, 1-4 to 2-8)
- Design [Graphic] – Isabelle Wong
- Drums – Beaver Harris (tracks: 1-2 to 1-5, 2-2 to 2-8)
- Engineer – George Klabin (tracks: 1-2 to 2-8), Rudy Van Gelder (tracks: 1-1)
- Illustration [Cover Illustration] – Kei Ishihara
- Liner Notes – Nat Hentoff, Robert Palmer
- Photography By – Chuck Stewart
- Producer [Original Sessions] – Bob Thiele
- Reissue Producer – Michael Cuscuna
- Remastered By – Erick Labson
- Tenor Saxophone, Alto Saxophone – Albert Ayler
- Trumpet – Don Ayler (tracks: 1-1 to 1-5, 2-2 to 2-8)
- Violin – Michel Sampson (tracks: 1-2 to 1-5, 2-1 to 2-8)
|IMPD-2-273, IMPD2-273||Albert Ayler|| Live In Greenwich Village - The Complete Impulse Recordings (2xCD, Comp, RM)||Impulse!, Impulse!||IMPD-2-273, IMPD2-273||US||1998|
|052 273-2, IMP 22732||Albert Ayler|| Live In Greenwich Village - The Complete Impulse Recordings (2xCD, Comp, RM)||Impulse!, Impulse!||052 273-2, IMP 22732||Europe||1998|
|IMP 22732||Albert Ayler|| Live In Greenwich Village (The Complete Impulse Recordings) (2xCD, Comp, RM)||Impulse!||IMP 22732||Europe||1998|
|ZZ-98/66GP0001868||Albert Ayler|| Live In Greenwich Village - The Complete Impulse Recordings (2xCD, Comp, RM, Unofficial)||Par Media Music||ZZ-98/66GP0001868||Russia||Unknown|
Track 1-1 recorded at The Village Gate, New York City on March 28, 1965.
Tracks 1-2 to 1-5 recorded at The Village Vanguard, New York City on December 18, 1966.
Track 1-6 recorded at The Village Vanguard, New York City on December 18, 1966.
Tracks 2-1 to 2-8 recorded at The Village Theatre, New York City on February 26, 1967.
Disc One #1 originally issued on The New Wave In Jazz. Disc One #2-3 and Disc Two #1-2 originally issued as In Greenwich Village. Disc One #4-6 and Disc Two #3-7 originally issued as The Village Concerts. Disc Two #8 is previously unreleased.
Remastered at MCA Studios using 20-bit Super Bit Mastering.
"Light in Darkness" and "Heavenly Home" are in mono. A version of "Saints" was recorded at the Village Gate session but no master tape of that performance has survived. All other selections are in stereo. "Universal Thoughts" is an incomplete performance, most likely because the tape ran out before its completion.
Housed in double gatefold Digipak with 28 page booklet.
℗ & © 1998 GRP Records, Inc.
Made in the EU.
- Barcode: 0 11105 22732 2
- Matrix / Runout (CD1): DISCTRONICS 0522732/1 02
- Mastering SID Code: IFPI L135
- Mould SID Code: IFPI 0463
- Matrix / Runout (CD2): 0522732/2 01 5
- Label Code: LC 00236
- Rights Society: BIEM/MCPS
- Other (Printed on mould (CD1 & CD2)): MADE IN THE UK
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – GRP Records, Inc.
- Copyright (c) – GRP Records, Inc.
- Recorded At – Village Gate
- Recorded At – Village Vanguard
- Recorded At – Village Theatre
- Remastered At – MCA Music Media Studios
- Pressed By – Disctronics Group, United Kingdom